I will choose not to post anything too long today. I read most of the day and enjoyed reading an actual book, ink on paper, very much. Simple things please me these days, and few things frustrate me. I've tried to learn to walk slowly, watching and feeling each footfall. I know that sounds very crazy, but besides making each moment pass faster, it's better to channel all my nervous energy into perceptiveness and openness than to feel continually trapped. In that vein, I don't feel too trapped these days. I could walk out any time I wanted, and I've known that all along, but it is not the money that keeps me within these walls, but my own will, and the desire I have to finish this thing. Which is not to say that if they were to give me the full pay and tell me to leave today, I would complain too much.
A group of blueshirts moved in with us last night and began procedures today. They have a much tougher study than we have. Get this: they are isolated in the hospital wing during the day, doing an hour of laying down (can't sleep) followed by an hour of sitting, then an hour of standing, and they have repeated that all day. Also, whenever they enter the cafeteria to eat (where I spend the whole day on my computer or reading) everyone else has to put away all electronic devices, turn off phones, and no one is allowed to speak while they are here. In fact, they are not allowed to speak to each other during the study. Nor are they allowed to use laptops, cell phones, books, anything. I think they are only here 3 or 4 days, but that is a very long 3 or 4 days.
So now I will read more, enjoying my little monk life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What kind of study are those poor folks doing?
I don't exactly know, except that they are wearing a heart monitor, which is why they can't be around any electronics.
Post a Comment