I know this is going to sound kind of funny, but I'm too busy to post tonight. I know, I know... lab rat with time to kill. All that. But I'm busy planning a trip to the Grand Canyon! I'm psyched about this trip, and I'm laying it all out! Schedule, little interactive spreadsheet, the whole bit. We're gonna spend a few days walking to the bottom of a big hole in the ground. Doesn't that sound terribly amazing?
My post yesterday was pretty long, so I have to make up for it by making today's very short.
This morning, I had an interesting debate with a friend about whether he should leave his children's mother (who he has lived with for 7 years) because they were never in love, but only fooled around and then got pregnant, and go be with his girlfriend of 2 years, whom he is in love with. I've rarely been so outspoken, and I'm not sure it did any good, but I told him that he screwed up his life pretty bad, and now he has to own up to his mistakes and stay with his kids. Especially since he admits his "wife" is a good woman and his home environment is wonderful. It just baffles me how someone could honestly say, "I love my kids, but I am not in love with their mother, so I'm going to move out."
Mindblowing. Where are all the men?
In the process of talking about that, another guy admitted that it's not always so easy doing the tough thing as you say it will be. (Too which I wanted to say, "No kidding? Things are harder to do than talk about?") Turns out our 21-year old friend bought his girlfriend birth control pills, which she didn't tell him that she was not planning on taking because, unknownst to him, she intended to have a baby with our friend. Which she did! So this is all very recent, and he tells me he's trying to figure out what to do, because it was not his irresponsibility that led to this situation, but the girl's scheming. He is thinking about giving up and rights to the child. I guess whatever the scientific evidence about birth control, abstinence is definitely the only sure protection from a wily woman. My gut reaction that this poor guy needs to suck it up and plan on being this child's father, even though he never wanted to be a father. My feeling is that if you can't keep it in your pants, you have to be ready to pay the fee. However, I admit his situation is a little more tricky than the first gentleman's, for whom I have little sympathy.
Anyway, that's all I wanted to say today! Sleep tight, angels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment