This is the latest in the day that I have posted yet. I almost didn't post at all.
Instead, I unexpectedly spent most of the afternoon and evening playing Settlers of Catan. I brought the board game, but the people I met were clearly not the board game type, so I never brought it out, but today, someone who is an hour after me in all procedures (therefore wakes an hour after I do, eats an hour after I do, and so we never really cross paths) saw the game under my bed and got excited because he loves the game.
It's definitely nice having some people who want to play board games that I know now, but I still really want to spend some time reading and stuff, and these guys are psyched about how fast the time flies playing Settlers and intend to play it as continuously as possible. I'm sure they'll be able to find other players when I'm not in.
I should mention that I have also realized that the stories of woe and misery that I told a few days ago seem to not be as widespread as I thought. The people who are scheduled immediately before and after me have lives like that, and others that I have talked to tell similar stories, but I've known that there are older guys and a few younger college educated guys who don't seem to be stuck in that rut. However, fortunately or unfortunately, I don't cross paths with those people. I don't eat lunch with the people who are similar to me. At the same time, it is nice to spend the afternoon playing a board game with people who don't look completely confused at the sight of a board game. It's like being home, or something.
And now I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is Kinetics Day which means lots of blood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment