So I got my iPod in today. A foolish purchase - it cost me two and a half days as a lab rat - but I'm definitely thrilled to have it. I put all my music and audiobooks on it now, then deleted the audiobooks from my computer so I have room to download more. Which I am now doing. Thanks, Mom.
Everyone in here is getting a little crazy, me thinks. The once sweet-natured old country man grandfather figure now screams into his phone and plays board games with the intensity of a serial killer. I would not be exaggerating to say that he intimidates me a bit. I wonder too if the people he is talking to on the phone recognize that it is not him that's talking, but the demon released by cabin fever. That makes me wonder if I'm really seeing anyone around me, or just their demon.
The fact is demons aren't real. Not like I'm using the word at least. That's just a metaphor, because the evil old man and the gentle old man are still the same old man. The demon that slips out from between your lips or peers out of your tired eyes is still you. And even though I try to understand the reason for your bad behavior, it's still your behavior.
So the point is that our demons are coming out. And the best way to soothe any flaring tempers is just to say "11 days, buddy. 11 days." Which is all that needs to be said and all that can be said.
On that note, today, day 31, makes this the longest study I've ever done. So yeah.
Enough said?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment