Since I posted last...
- I am responsible for a dog who lives with me. (Though I will not say, "my dog".)
- I have a roommate who treats me like the landlord.
- I am again a teacher.
- I have begun working toward becoming a "steward" at Doxology.
I spent the evening watching football and talking about beer with my dad, who doesn't watch football or drink beer. For that matter, while I drink some beer, I don't really watch football either.
Yesterday, I drove to Crockett alone, which is one of the longer drives I've made alone, and probably the longest drive I've made alone at night. I hung out with a bunch of old guys I didn't know who know my dad and took care of some stuff and had kind of a weird experience where I didn't feel like I needed my dad to be there or needed to be carefully unassociated with him.
Sometimes I look at what's happening around me and wonder "Is this my life?" and then something extraordinarily stupid happens and I think, "Yeap, yeah, this is the one." The past two weeks have been like this.
The tagline for the New York Times is something like "All the news that's fit to print." Well, it's amazing to me that in the past two and a half weeks, there has been - it seems - no news that's fit to print. The key phrase here is "fit to print." Instead, 17 days fill up with an enormous amount of dots or data. One of these days, something is going to happen that will be the key, and the past 2 weeks will somehow make sense. But for now, I won't bother with all the news that isn't fit to print.
And it's really a great way to describe how I feel these days: waiting. Waiting. Waiting.
And so for now, I will read a book and listen to music and type away on my typewriter and keep my eyes open for that last dot to make the picture make sense.
And this posting doesn't make any sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment